[rspec-users] Can't get running a simple rspec test: assigns is always nil

Alexander Seidl a_seidl at web.de
Wed Oct 21 07:03:36 EDT 2009

im repeating this message here in the mailing list with an email.
i already answered the message at http://www.ruby-forum.com,
but it seems that delivering messages via
http://www.ruby-forum.com lasts way too long, so i write an email to the mailing list.

hi pat,
thats all of the code that will be executed in
categories_controller_spec.rb. the rest is commented out.

i use the newest version of both gems? could that be a bug. which
versions of rpsec and rspec-rails do you use?

alexanders at alexanders-desktop:$ gem list -l rspec

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

rspec (1.2.9, 1.2.8)
rspec-rails (1.2.9, 1.2.7.1)

cheers,