[rspec-users] Help in Stubing is_admin? method

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 17:22:21 EDT 2009

On 19 Oct 2009, at 21:55, Elza wrote:

>  def edit
>    @user = User.find(get_param(:id, :integer))
>    @user = current_user if !is_admin?
>  end

Hi Elza

Am I right thinking your intent here is the same as:

   def edit
     @user = if is_admin?
         User.find(get_param(:id, :integer))
       else
         current_user

If so, a hit to /users/5 would edit user 5 if you were an admin user,
but would always edit the logged in user otherwise.  Since you have

> should_require_login :get, :edit

as part of the spec, that'd mean you could never be in the latter
situation.

Sorry if this is missing the point (I've had a long day, may have
misread your code...), but I thought I'd better establish your intent
before posting an irrelevant reply about the expectation error.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran