[rspec-users] spec-ing private methods?

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 19:07:25 EDT 2009

On 14 Oct 2009, at 22:48, Matt Wynne wrote:

> By the way, Sprout Class comes from 'Working Effectively with Legacy
> Code' (Feathers), which is probably the best book I've read on TDD
> (Admittedly I've yet to read The RSpec Book). Highly recommended.

I've heard good things about this book too.  Do you also recommend
xUnit Patterns?

Bizarrely, I'm including xUnit patterns as a reference in a
presentation on mocks I'm giving tomorrow[1], despite never having
read it.  (Only because I know it contains some mocking definitions I
refer to...)

Incidentally, the mocking section of the RSpec Book is very good.
Which is to say I agree with what it says :)

Ashley

[1] http://nwrug.org/events/october09/

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/