[rspec-users] should and != operator

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 21:25:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Ashley Moran
<ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> This is a common mistake, and one I made for a long while even after being
> familiar with RSpec.  I wonder if there is justification for an AST pass
> over spec files to catch this (among possibly other issues)?

The AST pass over the spec files already exists.  It's what Ruby does
when you run the specs, and these quirks are caught when your specs
pass and you haven't done anything to make them pass yet.  >8->

(You _do_ always start with failing specs, and then do the work to
make them pass, right?)

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)