[rspec-users] Need Help

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:06:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Andrew Premdas <apremdas at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Again i found a blog for tutorials for cucumber
>>> http://jeewanthajtk.blogspot.com/
>>> here ther is a subject called Working with Ruby on Rails Cucumber From
>>> the Beginning(Part I)
>>>

>> Interesting Mithun that in another post you sign of as jeewantha
>> (https://mail.google.com/mail/#label/rspec_users/1240984e52dd76c5).
>
> Andrew, are you saying that Mithun and Jeewantha is the same person?? How
> did you come to that conclusion?

I've come to the same conclusion. Consider these two threads:

http://groups.google.com/group/rspec/browse_thread/thread/dfb4112d7605b2d7
http://groups.google.com/group/cukes/browse_thread/thread/7b4023c2da02c577

Similar title, similar reference to the "factory girl method", and
similar command of the language. I'm guessing they're either the same
person or they're classmates.

As for the implications of them being one - I don't have a problem w/
two personae, but I agree that it's a bit odd to be recommending your
own blog posts under a pseudonym. We're all free to ping the list and
say "hi _I_ wrote a post and I'd love your feedback."

Mithun, Jeewantha - care to clear up any confusion here?

Cheers,
David