[rspec-users] Cucumber Cygwin

Peter Ritchie lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Nov 24 06:01:07 EST 2009

Peter Ritchie wrote:
> Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
>>> Stuck as to what dependency is calling for cucumber 0.4.4 -
>>
>> config/environments/cucumber.rb?
>>
>> (Failing that - search for the string "0.4.4" among your project's
>> files)
>>
>>> we want to
>>> stick to 0.4.3 but Cygwin installation not allowing it - OK on Mac
>>>

>> What's stopping you from running 0.4.4?
>>
>> In any case, if you need 0.4.3:
>>
>> gem uninstall cucumber
>> gem install cucumber 0.4.3
>> script/generate cucumber
>
> Thank you for that, I have searched for 0.4.4 in the project and no
> instance.
>
> Main collaborator is using 0.4.3 but we are updating to see if it fixes
> it. Many thanks and for link to cucumber list.
>
> Peter

We updated to run 0.4.4 which has moved the problem on. We now get

/usr/bin/ruby.exe -I
"/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/lib:lib"
"/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/cucumber" --color --tags
~@wip --strict --format pretty
undefined local variable or method `capture_model' for main:Object
(NameError)
./features/step_definitions/pickle_steps.rb:4

It only happens on Windows - works fine on Mac

I posted this problem on Cuke but it does not seem to have got past the
moderator (at least it has not appeared).

Thanks

Peter