[rspec-users] autospec not detecting new files

Andy Koch andy.koch at pc-doctor.com
Fri Nov 20 13:35:03 EST 2009

Hi David,

I think it's standard directory structure...

andy at hst-26-147 (master)->tree spec/
spec/
|-- controllers
|   |-- perforce_logs_controller_spec.rb
|   |-- public_controller_spec.rb
|   |-- user_sessions_controller_spec.rb
|   |-- user_sessions_routing_spec.rb
|   `-- users_controller_spec.rb
|-- factories
|   |-- branch_options.rb
|   |-- module_states.rb
|   `-- user.rb
|-- fixtures
|   |-- roles.yml
|   `-- user_sessions.yml
|-- helpers
|   |-- perforce_logs_helper_spec.rb
|   |-- public_helper_spec.rb
|   |-- user_sessions_helper_spec.rb
|   `-- users_helper_spec.rb
|-- models
|   |-- branch_option_spec.rb
|   `-- role_spec.rb
|-- rcov.opts
|-- spec.opts
|-- spec_helper.rb
    |-- layouts
    |   |-- public.html.haml_spec.rb
    |   `-- public_navigation.html.haml_spec.rb
    |-- public
    |   `-- perforcer_strings.html.haml_spec.rb
    `-- user_sessions
        `-- new.html.haml_spec.rb

Autospec doesn't run the "perforce_logs...spec.rb" files.  As shown
here...

andy at hst-26-147 (master)->autospec
/opt/local/bin/ruby /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.2.9/bin/
spec --autospec spec/models/role_spec.rb spec/controllers/
public_controller_spec.rb spec/views/layouts/
public_navigation.html.haml_spec.rb spec/helpers/public_helper_spec.rb
spec/views/layouts/public.html.haml_spec.rb spec/controllers/
users_controller_spec.rb spec/controllers/
user_sessions_routing_spec.rb spec/controllers/
user_sessions_controller_spec.rb spec/models/branch_option_spec.rb
spec/helpers/users_helper_spec.rb spec/views/user_sessions/
new.html.haml_spec.rb spec/helpers/user_sessions_helper_spec.rb -O
spec/spec.opts
No server is running
Running specs locally:

Finished in 2.200675 seconds

52 examples, 0 failures

I have other Rails apps where Autospec works fine, just not this one.

thanks