[rspec-users] Cucumber and IP PBX testing

Robertico Gonzalez lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Nov 18 18:26:39 EST 2009

Hi,

I am new to Cucumber.  I am a test engineer for an IP PBX.  Has anyone
tried to use Cucumber to test such application?  Some of the actions
that I need to perform are:

Given:
a) Configure parameters on a web site to change phone behavior
b) Configure parameters on a web site to change trunk behavior
c) Configure parameters on a web site to change system wide behavior

When:
a) Make a call from phone A to phone b
b) Press Transfer or Conference softkey
c) Configure Call Forward All from phone

Then:
a) Verify audio between two phones
b) Verify phone displays
c) Verify phone status prompt

I imagine I need to translate these steps into Ruby to see if they pass
or fail.  I don't have control over the code that developer write for
features, since I am just a tester. We write scripts in TCL to automate
our test cases.

Any pointers or suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Robertico