[rspec-users] rspec-rails gem double quoting (My)SQL?

David Nawara lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Nov 17 18:04:23 EST 2009

Hi all,

This seems like a plugin conflict (I haven't yet had success replicating
this in a new project), but short version is: when I have "rspec-rails"
in my environment.rb plugin config, table names are double quoted in
mysql queries generated by my standard finders.

rspec-rails commented out:

  SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE (`users`.`id` = '159564615') LIMIT 1

rspec-rails in enviroment.rb gem config:

  SELECT * FROM "users" WHERE ("users"."id" = '159564615') LIMIT 1

The double quotes break the SQL, and so no objects are returned from my
queries.  This happened after I updated to 1.2.9 gem versions when I
couldn't get cucumber (0.4.4) to look for git submodules in my project.

Any ideas?  I'm pretty lost at the moment, and don't want to run without
rspec (it makes me feel neked).

Short version of my required gems:

cucumber (0.4.4)
mysql (2.8.1)