[rspec-users] Un-recognised routes that do exist, using namespaces & subdomain checking

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:54:47 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:12 AM, DEfusion <david.spurr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Yeah I had used the new style in the past and got the same issue, I
> just accidentally reverted to the old style.
>
> Anyway changing to the new style using route_to as suggested doesn't
> resolve the issue, the same 2 routes give the same error, but the
> telling thing is the failure message shows that the subdomain wasn't
> passed, or at least received by the routing:
>
> ActionController::RoutingError in 'Foo::MonkeysController should
> route'
> No route matches "/monkeys/1" with
> {:port=>80, :method=>:get, :host_with_port=>"test.host", :subdomain=>nil,
> :domain=>"test.host", :host=>"test.host"}
> If you're expecting this failure, we suggest { :get => "/monkeys/
> 1" }.should_not be_routable
>
> Even if I specifically set @request.host = 'foo.some.com' before the
> test it still errors saying host_with_port=>'test.host'

OK. I haven't used subdomain-fu before, but I'm guessing that it's either
getting loaded or invoked after rspec, or the two are monkey patching the
same things and creating a conflict.

Would you do me a favor and slap together a small demo app with the specific
version of rspec and subdomain-fu that you are using bundled (vendor/gems
preferable), zip it up and submit it in a ticket to
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com?

Thx,
David