[rspec-users] rake spec runs my spec:remote specs!

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:25:33 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM, jko170 <jko170 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my spec folder, I have a "remote" directory, which contains my
> specs for live data transferring with an outside api. When I run rake
> spec, it runs the remote specs and I don't want it to. Keep in mind
> there is NO lib/tasks/remote.task file. I ONLY want these remote specs
> to run when I execute rake spec:remote

The spec task is for running all specs under the ./spec directory. As things
stand now, you'd have to either rewrite that task (found in
lib/tasks/rspec.rake), find a way to override it (perhaps
lib/task/rspec-overrides.rake would get loaded after rspec.rake, I'm not
sure), or move those specs to a different directory.