[rspec-users] DeepTest with 1.2.6?

Scott Taylor scott at railsnewbie.com
Thu May 28 05:16:33 EDT 2009

Adam Anderson wrote:
> Just curious if anyone is running DeepTest with rspec 1.2.6. I can't
> even do a '$ rake -T' on the deep-test repo at
> git://github.com/qxjit/deep-test.git
> <http://github.com/qxjit/deep-test.git>
>
> When I try to run deep_test using their provided rspec example at
> http://github.com/qxjit/deep-test it blows up and produces the following:
> Warning: DeepTest will run before(:all) and after(:all) blocks for
> *every* test that is run.  To remove this warning either convert all
> before/after blocks to each blocks or set
> $show_deep_test_all_block_warning to false
> [DeepTest] Started DeepTest service at druby://0.0.0.0:6969
> <http://0.0.0.0:6969>

My impression is that it was always sort of buggy and it was hard to
reproduce certain bugs in certain configurations - so I'm not sure if it
ever worked.  I never got it to fully work on my own machine.

You might try contacting David Vollbracht, who was the one who added in
rspec support (this was probably 6 months ago or so now).

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone is actually using it.

Scott