[rspec-users] [rspec] http://rspec.info examples are broken

Jarmo Pertman Jarmo.P at gmail.com
Thu May 28 02:38:42 EDT 2009

On May 25, 10:43 pm, aslak hellesoy <aslak.helle... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It seems that some examples athttp://rspec.infoare broken with
> > invalid html.
>
> > For example:http://rspec.info/documentation/before_and_after.html
>
> I assume you're referring to:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frspec.info%2Fdocumenta...
I didn't mean validation errors per se, but just the fact that instead
of
account.balance.should == Money.new(0) there is this line
(<span class="i">0</span>)

> > All those spans there should not be visible, I think :) Isn't
> >rspec.infoweb tested well enough? :P
>
> It's not tested at all. Any suggestions about how to improve it?
I don't know if that's the suggestion you wanted to hear, but you
could use Watir or Selenium maybe to have few integration tests if you
have some extra time.

David, nice explanation as of why this happened, lol.
Anyway, why I even brought this topic up, was because I recommended
friend to try RSpec and gave him this link, which now is quite hard to
understand because of all this mess. Hopefully new web will be
available soon!

Jarmo