[rspec-users] undefined method `assert_select'

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun May 24 23:50:44 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Sarah Allen <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> David Chelimsky wrote:
>> FYI - if you put this file in spec/helpers/swf_object_helper_spec.rb,
>> then :type => :helper is implied, so you don't have to make it
>> explicit.
> just curious... are there any other magic directories I should know
> about?

All directories under spec/ are potentially magic - rspec will always
look at spec/:directory/:filename and see if it has an example group
type registered for whatever directory is. So if there *is* a foo
example group type, it will be used for any spec file in spec/foos.

rspec-rails uses that feature of rspec to implicitly load custom
groups for models, views, controllers and helpers in spec/models,
spec/views, spec/controllers and spec/helpers.