[rspec-users] Class method not being stubbed

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Sun May 24 13:25:36 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I've been beating my head against this for a couple of hours. Any
>> thoughts?
> The easiest for you is to use the debugger and go through each line in
> the controller.
> Maybe @keyword_list.save is returning false? Stub it out and see by
> yourself.

Hi Fernando. In this case, I don't think it's a matter of using the debugger.

I've already stubbed out #save on @keyword_list, and confirmed that
AdSenseHeavenParser#parse is being called. I know the latter is
occuring because this is being displayed when the spec is run:
    *** create_keywords_and_associate ***
If AdSenseHeavenParser#parse was actually stubbed out, or wasn't
called at all, then that line wouldn't be displayed.