[rspec-users] RSpec for Rails plugin

Sarah Allen lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat May 23 00:30:50 EDT 2009

David Chelimsky wrote:
> Check out Pat's rspec plugin generator:
> http://github.com/pat-maddox/rspec-plugin-generator/tree/master

Hey thanks.  That sounds like just the thing, but I'm kind of new to
this stuff.  I guessed where to put it and it seemed to work so far.
I'm adding notes as I go to the wiki:

I'm following along with http://guides.rubyonrails.org/plugins.html but
I'm feeling my way around in the dark a bit since I'm relatively new to
rspec and plugins.  If anyone is inspired to read the new wiki page and
let me know if there's any points I'm missing, that would be nice.

I expected to be able to run 'spec:plugins' but it appears to have no
  $ rake spec:plugins
  (in /Users/sarah/src/yaffle_guide)

It does work if I call spec on the spec.rb file

$ spec vendor/plugins/yaffle/spec/yaffle_spec.rb
-- create_table(:hickwalls, {:force=>true})
   -> 0.0663s
-- create_table(:wickwalls, {:force=>true})
   -> 0.0114s
-- create_table(:woodpeckers, {:force=>true})
   -> 0.0075s
-- initialize_schema_migrations_table()
   -> 0.0011s
-- assume_migrated_upto_version(0)
   -> 0.0009s

Finished in 0.005407 seconds

1 example, 0 failures

With a plugin that has many spec.rb files, how do I run all of them?