[rspec-users] spec_server errors when reloading fixture replacement pl

Scott Taylor scott at railsnewbie.com
Fri May 22 19:41:43 EDT 2009

Ben Johnson wrote:
> Did anyone ever figure out the factory_girl / machinist issues? I am
> having the same problems and can figure out how to fix it for the life
> of me. The first run works fine, then afterwards I get a bunch of these
> errors:
> No blueprint for class Venue
> Any ideas? Thanks!
I don't know about Machinist or Factory Girl.  Basically, here's the deal:

If those libraries use require instead of load, you are screwed.  Same
goes for autoload'ing.

If those libraries internally use load, or load_dependency, and you have
cache_classes = false in your dev env, you could try manually reloading

Here's FixtureReplacement in script/console (@ version 2.1) after
reload! is called: