[rspec-users] before(:all)

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu May 21 07:46:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM, lawrence.pit <lawrence.pit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> When I execute database actions within a before(:each) they are rolled
> back after each example test has run. I expected that if I execute db
> actions within a before(:all) they would all be rolled back after all
> examples finished running. This appears not to be the case, in my
> case. Is there a way to get this behavior?

Nothing built in, and it's probably not something we'd support in
rspec-rails, which simply wraps the transaction handling provided by
rails, which rolls back after every test method (equivalent of an
rspec example).

You're not the first to have asked for this, so having a solution for
it that would work with rails out of the box and with rspec would be
helpful to the community. But I think that would have to be in a
separate gem.