[rspec-users] rspec-rails: how to run checks?

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Thu May 21 05:26:47 EDT 2009

I'm trying to run the specs of the rspec-rails master branch, but both
plain rake as well as rake spec fail. The default task fails because
there is no cucumber.yml. rake spec fails, when it requires a file that
is not part of the repo: rspec-rails/spec/spec_helper.rb refers to

require File.expand_path("#{dir}/../../../../spec/spec_helper")

Commenting out this line doesn't make everything magically work, of
course. However, when I do that, I hit "uninitialized constant
ActionController". So, I surmise that the missing spec_helper.rb among
other things sees to it that Rails is properly required.

Any hints on how to get the specs to work?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de