[rspec-users] Skipping the testscenario based on Given block execution.

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:48:59 EDT 2009

> Hi,
> I think i am not clear.
> My query is while running the testcases,
> Some times precondition of testcase fails, when precondition itself
> fails there is no point in executing the testcase further.
> so , is there any way in cucumber to skip execution of scenario when
> precondition of testcase fails.

The intention is that when a Before block raises an error, the steps
of the scenario are skipped. However, this isn't working properly, but
a fix is in progress:
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tickets/330-gracefully-handle-exceptions-in-after-block

For new threads, please use the Cucumber google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/cukes

Cheers,
Aslak