[rspec-users] Cucumber rake/webrat issue.

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Mon May 18 15:08:11 EDT 2009

Matthew Van Horn wrote:
> I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I just upgraded
> cucumber, rspec/rails, and webrat on a project, and for some reason,
> cucumber is not seeing any of the webrat steps (or bmabey's email
> steps) when running from rake.  It seems ok when running using the cucumb

Did you read the History on how to upgrade?  If not see if it helps..
here is the pertinent info:

** IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES FOR RAILS USERS **

Running Cucumber features in the same Ruby interpreter as Rake doesn't
seem to work,
so you have to explicitly tell the task to fork (like it was doing by
default in prior
versions). In lib/tasks/cucumber.rake:

  Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:features) do |t|
    t.fork = true # Explicitly fork
    t.cucumber_opts = %w{--format pretty}
  end

(If you run script/generate cucumber this will be done for you).
Alternatively you can omit forking and run features like this:

  RAILS_ENV=test rake features

However, setting the RAILS_ENV is easy to forget, so I don't recommend
relying on this.

-Ben