[rspec-users] List Split

Lee Hambley lee.hambley at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:54:25 EDT 2009

Zach,
You hit the nail on the head exactly, the problem was compounded by my being
on vacation for a week, and coming back to a flood of emails, regrettably my
gmail filters can't even take the strain, I can't restrict it accurately
enough, as there isn't enough standardization in subject tagging
([rspec-users] [cucumber]) to filter accurately.

It was a general moan on my part, and not really fair to air it to the list,
but looking at the archives, this comes up from time to time, and I agree
completely for anyone using the whole package, it is an invaluable
resource... I'm not sure what the solution is, or how my participation will
continue (not that the list will feel my absence!)

I do however want the best for the list, and to voice my distress with the
volume of traffic that could very well be largely irrelevant to the
`typical` user... as it happens we are using the rspec+cucumber stack with
MRI ruby, and a rails project, it doesn't get more mainstream for rspec and
cucumber than that, but even so I find most of the rspec centric
conversations on the list to be distracting and confusing.

Considerately,
- Lee