[rspec-users] List Split

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:46:48 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Lee Hambley <lee.hambley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm honestly sure that nobody cares, but this list needs to split, I can't
> handle the volume of `junk` that is completely irrelevant because I am
> subscribed looking for to keep up to date with cucumber wisdom; I'm going to
> see how this message is received, and unsubscribe myself later today.

> The SNR ratio is absurd, and the list users should really consider a split.
> Thanks for the things I've learned, and the tips and tricks that I have been
> fortunate enough to pick up.

Over the entire weekend I received a little over 30 messages on this
list. I wouldn't exactly consider that high-volume or absurd.

I use both RSpec and Cucumber and I don't personally mind them being
on the same list as it allows me participate in discussions that
pertain to the full cycle of outside-in development. I can see where
you are coming from though since you only seem to care about the
Cucumber aspect of things. If the lists are split I will simply
subscribe to both.

A nice thing about having the two ML's combined at this point is that
discussions and questions which span the entire BDD process can be
asked and answered. The down-side of this is that not all folks who
use Cucumber use RSpec (or even Ruby).

I don't encourage the split, but I think it is becoming inevitable.
Cucumber itself is becoming large and wide. I can't think of a good
reason for Java programmers who want to use Cucumber to join the RSpec
ML.

> - Lee

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com (personal)