[rspec-users] RSpec support on .Net with Gallio.

Jeff Brown jeff.brown at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:09:55 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm getting ready to produce an RSpec adapter for use with the Gallio test
automation platform (http://www.gallio.org/) on the .Net DLR via IronRuby.

The idea is to open up RSpec to a wider audience of .Net developers who
might like to write their tests, *ahem* specs ;-), using a friendly syntax
in a dynamically typed language such as Ruby.

Anyways, this is still a work in progress but I wanted to check on a couple
of legal points:

1. Is it cool to redistribute RSpec in source code form for non-commercial
purposes?  I was unable to find the RSpec license to confirm.  Gallio itself
is open source and is distributed using the Apache License 2.0.

2. I would like to be able to identify the RSpec framework by way of an icon
in Gallio.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate an official logo.  Assuming
there is one, I'd like permission to include an RSpec icon in Gallio.  The
icon will be used in the following ways:

- As a plugin icon when displaying a list of associated plugins.
- As a preference icon when providing options for configuring associated
plugins.
- As an installed feature icon when providing options for installing
associated plugins.
- As a test framework icon when decribing the list of supported test
frameworks and when presenting a report about tests that have been run
specifically using that framework.

Do you have a suitable 16x16 and 32x32 icon file that I can use for this
purpose?

Thanks,
Jeff.