[rspec-users] [ANN] rSquery 0.1.1

Ivo Dancet caifara.subscribe at gmail.com
Sat May 16 11:53:35 EDT 2009

Op 15-mei-09, om 21:47 heeft aslak hellesoy het volgende geschreven:

>> Hello all
>>
>> rSquery aims to reduce the difficulties involved in writing
>> selenium tests
>> in cucumber environments for webapps that use jQuery.
>>
>> The project contains several methods to help you with writing
>> javascript
>> commands for selenium and javascript based tests for cucumber or
>> even rSpec.
>>

> Excellent! Please add it to the related tools page in the Cucumber
> wiki (in alphabetical position)

Done that

>> It makes it possible to write stuff like (in jQuery enabled webapp):
>>
>> - jquery("#content").wait_for_visible
>> - jquery("#dialog button:contains(Ok)").click
>> - jquery.wait_for_text("User saved...")
>> - jquery.wait_for_element(".some_element")
>> - jquery("#dialog div").text.should have_text(/some_text/)
>> - jquery("#dialog").find(".warning")
>> - jquery("#dialog").html.should have_tag("button", "Ok")
>> - jquery("#dialog").should be_visible
>> - jquery("#dialog") # page must have an element with id 'dialog'
>>

> Will it work with WebDriver? Selenium as we know it seems to be
> EOL'ed soon...
> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2009/05/introducing-webdriver.html

It won't work right out of the box as it uses selenium in the end. It
should however be quite easy to rewrite the two commands that access
selenium directly if WebDriver makes it possible to execute js in the
loaded document.

I did not really look into WebDriver yet, but is there a ruby api?

Ivo Dancet
by2.be