[rspec-users] Cucumber tables

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat May 16 11:05:41 EDT 2009

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> Which terms do you think we should adopt and where in the wiki should
> this be emphasized more clearly?
> Aslak

The best suggestion that I can come up with is: Outline Tables for
Scenario Outlines and Inline Tables for regular scenarios.

As far as the wiki goes then I suggest a general entry with the heading
"Tables".  This page should contain a brief description of each type of
table explaining where each is encountered together with links to their
respective example.  Nothing overly elaborate, just a single place to
note that their is more than one type and that their employment and
syntax differs somewhat.

Cucumber is a marvellous tool, but the rate of enhancement ofttimes
leaves me  behind for a bit.  However, I far prefer having to sprint now
and then rather than dragging a moribund tool around behind me, wishing
that it had this or did that.