[rspec-users] Cucumber tables

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri May 15 16:39:33 EDT 2009

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
>> sure that this is what I was doing, although the table followed a
>> complete scenario. �However, I have not used tables for the last couple
>> of months and am somewhat perplexed with respect to the changes.
>
> What are these changes you are talking about?? The only thing that
> changed was:
>
> * the "More Examples" keyword was renamed to "Examples".
> * "Examples" can only be used under "Scenario Outline", not "Scenario".
>
> These are minor changes that haven't really changed anything
> fundamentally. You can find the documentation for multiline step
> arguments here:

Yes, I followed that part.  The part I did not comprehend was using
multiline step arguments, which are more commonly referred to as tables
as well insofar as I can see.  I was looking for "tables" in the
documentation, not "multiline step arguments", which conveys to me a
completely different meaning than the one evidently intended.

Nonetheless, Mr. Flipse's post has put me right and I am on to the next
bit of confusion.