[rspec-users] Can I run the same specs with different gems? Ideas?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:50:01 EDT 2009

I have a new icalendar Ruby library/gem which is implemented so as
require an implementation of the TZInfo::Timezone class, but not to
care whether that implementation comes from the tzinfo gem, or the
activesupport gem in rails.  It also will make use of the TimeWithZone
class in recent versions of activesupport if it's loaded, but it
leaves the decision of whether to load the activesuport or tzinfo gems
up to the user.

Now, it that makes sense I'd like to be able to run my specs with the
tzinfo gen and then with the activesupport gem.  Ideally I'd like to
have rake tasks like

rake spec:tzinfo
rake spec:activesupport
rake spec:both

The problem is that I think I need something like the fork option for
spec task similar to the one in the cucumber task, since once loaded I
can't unload one or the other gem in the same ruby process.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

--
Rick DeNatale