[rspec-users] How To Drive Out AJAX Functionality in Rails' Views?

Lee Lee.Longmore at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 08:31:49 EDT 2009

I am new to RSpec and have just started to drive out my first view
using a spec. I have used the The RSpec Book (beta) to do the basic
stuff like testing for the presence of a field but I am unsure where
to start for driving out some AJAX functionality.

In the view, I will have a text field that a user can enter a name
into and then click on a link to check the availability of this name
or otherwise. I plan to implement the check as an AJAX request,
returning an HTML snippet or 'available' or 'not available'.

I would appreciate some help on what sort of examples one might write
and the various mocks, stubs and helpers etc that can be used. Or
alternatively a pointer to some existing information/tutorials on this