[rspec-users] [cucumber] how to debug cucumber with netbeans?

Jean-Michel Garnier jean-michel at 21croissants.com
Tue May 12 03:52:45 EDT 2009

aidy_lewis wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> Is it possible for you to Wiki how to use the Netbeans debugger
> through Cucumber and your patch?
> --
> Aidy

Aidy, I could not use netbeans because of the gems loading problem as I said
in my first message.
However, I was successfull with ruby-debug, see
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/debug-rails-app-ruby-debug/2/

In the meanwhile, I was successful reproducing the bug with a test in webrat
:
https://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/projects/10503/tickets/243-segmentation-fault-when-visiting-rails-action-with-infinite-loop

A simple fix would be to replace the code generation created with "eval". I
believe it might speed up also cucumber as eval is slower than normal ruby
code ...