[rspec-users] Running single spec files -- how?

Scott Taylor scott at railsnewbie.com
Mon May 11 19:17:10 EDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 7:10 PM, court3nay wrote:

> Before upgrading from 1.1.11 to 1.2.4 I used to be able to do this:
>
>  ruby spec/models/user_spec.rb

I would assume that would work if you are requiring test-unit interop
mode.  I believe in previous versions of rspec it was automatically
included if the constants Test && Test::Unit were present (which AR
automatically adds once AR is required).

> Now it looks like you have to do
>
>  script/spec spec/models/user_spec.rb
>
> Or something like this, which is actually kinda cool:
>
>  script/spec spec/*/user*
>
> Is that correct? Am I missing something?

I've always kept around this alias:

alias ss='./script/spec -O spec/spec.opts'

So I can do:

ss spec/unit/models/event_*

Scott