[rspec-users] Where to spec authentication and roles-based permissions?

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon May 11 09:24:06 EDT 2009

Doug Livesey wrote:
> Hi -- I'm writing an app that both requires authentication via a logon,
> and also has roles-based permissions (using acl_system2), ...

I am at the point where a more complete authorisation system is required
and I was wondering what others here would suggest for implementation.
I am looking at both acl9 and declarative_authorization.  However, if
there are any alternatives to these that people feel strongly about I
would like to hear of them.

I am leaning towards declarative_authorization but acl9 seems very
attractive as well.  Any comments on either of these or alternatives?