[rspec-users] Sharing common Cuke steps

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Sat May 9 10:05:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM, aslak hellesoy
<aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [ Matt Wynne: ]
>> So are you saying we'd put the steps in a gem, then include them using require?
>
> Yes.

Is there any reason not to accept them for inclusion in the Cucumber
gem?  You already have precedent with the Webrat steps.  Obviously
you'd need some set of standards of generality and quality, but you
could delegate someone else to handle the submissions process.
Candidates could be put up on a page in the Wiki, discussed, and then
taken off again when they're rolled into a production release or
rejected.

I love the idea of a repository, but I don't like the idea of having
still more highly coupled gems to manage.  And I don't think this
warrants it.  I'd rather either see them _in_ Cucumber, or a pure Web
resource where I can do my own copying-and-pasting.

--
Have Fun,
  Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)