[rspec-users] rspec_scaffold and mocha

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:11:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM, jevado <jeroenvdoorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a question about the rspec_scaffold and if it's compatible with
> other mocking frameworks.
> I just created a blank application and a scaffold of a very basic
> model. The specs run fine untill I choose to use mocha in the
> spec_helper.
>
> Can somebody please tell me if this is ment to be and if so if there's
> an easy way to make the scaffold work with mocha ?

RSpec scaffold is not set up produce scaffold for all of the various
mocking libraries. It does so just for what comes with RSpec. I do not
know of a way to simply replace scaffolding w/o providing more
scaffolding (ones for each mocking library) and then adding a flag to
the "script/generate" command to produce scaffolding for
rspec+default, rspec+mocha, rspec+rr, etc.

Also, in addition to this the normal "script/generate rspec" command
could be used to take the same options so it would configure your
spec_helper to run with the appropriate libraries.

I think your idea for scaffolding with different mocking libraries is
a good one. Please open a ticket on lighthouse and let's see if we can
get some more input from others in the community as well as the core
team.

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/

> Thanks in advance!
> Jeroen