[rspec-users] Sharing common Cuke steps

Mike Doel mike at mikedoel.com
Fri May 8 00:55:26 EDT 2009

Cucumber is awesome and destined to rule the world.  As that starts to
happen, has there been any thought of a mechanism for the community to
build a library of common, generally useful steps that can be used
across projects?  I've got stuff that I use for myself at:

This is stuff that I wish were in the default webrat_steps.rb file
that you get at the start.  Would it be better to fork Cucumber and
add them there and send a pull request to Aslak?

It seems to me that there's an opportunity for packaging together and
sharing steps, but am curious of folks thoughts on the best way to go
about this.