[rspec-users] [cucumber] Is it usual that selenium doesn't allow debugger?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:31:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Julian Leviston <julian at leviston.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> We're using Rails 2.3.2, and debugger doesn't seem to work in
> cucumber/webrat running selenium mode. Has anyone else had this issue?
> It seems to be skipping the debugger methods

Rails noops the debugger method by default with a method which just
logs the call. If Kernel already has a debugger method then it

If you run script/server with the -u / --debugger option, then it
requires 'ruby-debug' and calls ::Debugger.start during

Rails 2.3 does this by inserting a rack app which just does this.

David C. and I put support for the -u/--debugger options for the spec
command a few releases back, I don't know if this has any effect on

Rick DeNatale