[rspec-users] [Cucumber] undefined method `record' for #<Class:0x2473e3c> (NoMethodError)

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:45:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:17 PM, jfrankov <jfrankov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a step definition file where I'm saving a model object and want
> to use this syntax (it's common, I see it in examples everywhere):
>
> Event.should have(1).record

This is an rspec-rails extension of ActiveRecord. It's not cucumber
(or rspec-core).

Try this (no guarantees):

require 'spec/rails/extensions/active_record/base'

That's where it's defined right now, though it might move in the
future. If it works, please file a feature request at lighthouse and
I'll see what I can do about exposing it somewhere more intuitive and
permanent.

Thanks,
David