[rspec-users] Using Rails observers and testability

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:39:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM, BJ Clark <bj at aboutus.org> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> They are easier to spec with Pat Maddox's "no peeping toms" plugin.
> http://github.com/pat-maddox/no-peeping-toms/tree/master

I use Pat's no-peeping-toms plugin as well. It's a great tool in Rails toolbox.

Brandon Keepers has made some additional enhancements which are nice:

http://github.com/collectiveidea/no-peeping-toms/tree/master

I don't know if he has requested Pat to pull them in, but Pat if
you're listening please check them out and consider pulling them in.
As much as I like the ability to fork there's something to be said
about having a consistent *official* home for plugins. ;)

> BJ Clark
>

> On May 4, 2009, at 5:33 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Before I do anything stupid, I'd like to know if there are any gotchas
>> when using Rails observers instead of writing my own methods or
>> callbacks? Are they easy to spec/test or will I run into troubles? Are
>> they easily mockable?
>> --

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com (personal)