[rspec-users] cucumber - how to bootstrap outside of rails?

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun May 3 22:08:24 EDT 2009

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> You only need this to start:
> +-features/
>   +-foo.feature

I realize this.  I am not complaining. I just think that for a modest
amount of effort cucumber could be made self starting for the large
number of people who do not have any prior experience with either Rails
or Cucumber and who probably do not know about jeweller and newgem.  I
had no idea such things existed or were possible until I received
replies to this thread.

I still recall the vast amounts of time it took me to get going with
cucumber and BDD. And that was with the benefit of the Rails generators
that at least set me up with a skeleton to work from.  I think it would
be useful to offer non-Rails users a similar facility.