[rspec-users] cucumber - referential (inherited?) scenarios

Julian Leviston julian at leviston.net
Sat May 2 15:30:57 EDT 2009

Fair enough.

The steps from step definitions one is the best approach for what I
want, and it's actually what am doing, but I do notice that there's a
lot of the time when I'm actually re-typing the same text (ie once in
the explicit explanation of what it means to log in, and then once
more in the step definitions to refer to that login procedure) when I
do this approach. Re-typing the same stuff is pretty retarded, and
never a good idea.

Hence... my interest in this feature :)

How about this... Whenever I refer to other steps from within my
steps, they should be printed out on the output line... tabbed in a
bit, like so:

Given I am logged in:
	Given a default user exists
	And I am on the login page
	And I fill in "username" with "username"
	And I fill in "password" with "password"
	Then I should be on the superduper page

Then the option to turn this feature off or on on the command line.

That'd be bloody brilliant. Okay so maybe I should go fork it and do
it :)