[rspec-users] Help with some basics

Andrew Timberlake andrew at andrewtimberlake.com
Fri May 1 23:45:16 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Samuel Soares flores
<lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Managed to find the problem, the class ProductTemplate wasn't being
>> loaded so "it" wasn't working on an object.
>> The error is not very useful in this situation but I'm moving forward
>> again.
> How did you solved it? I'm having the same problem.
> --

What I've found is that occasionally when there is a problem loading
the base class, the errors become very cryptic.
You can get to the base error by adding a very simple spec in the form of:

In my specific case, my model was in a different schema and so
ActiveRecord couldn't find the table in the database.

Andrew Timberlake