[rspec-users] Rspec-rails without ActiveRecord framework failure

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:36:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Matt McNeil <nabble at mattmcneil.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our project is not using ActiveRecord and so I've removed database.yml and
> added this line to the environment.rb file:
>  config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]
>
> Although I see in the rspec-rails source several places where the existence
> of ActiveRecord::Base is checked, I am still getting the following exception
> when running my specs:
>
> uninitialized constant Spec::Matchers::Change::ActiveRecord
>
> When I comment out the code in
> rspec-rails-1.2.6/lib/spec/rails/matchers/change.rb, this error disappears.
>
> Is this expected behavior?  If not, is there a workaround I could use until
> the issue is resolved?  I tried undoing the method chain defined in that
> file (by a monkeypatch in spec_helper.rb) but it unsurprisingly fails
> because I'm guessing the method is aliased later in the code execution
> sequence.

Can you please file a bug report at http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com? I
need to fix something else and do another rspec-rails release over the
weekend (before RC) and I'll fix this one in the same release. Don't
know about a workaround this minute, but when i look at the ticket
later I'll put one in there.

Cheers,
David