[rspec-users] Rspec-rails without ActiveRecord framework failure

Matt McNeil nabble at mattmcneil.org
Fri May 1 16:10:06 EDT 2009

Our project is not using ActiveRecord and so I've removed database.yml and
added this line to the environment.rb file:
  config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]

Although I see in the rspec-rails source several places where the existence
of ActiveRecord::Base is checked, I am still getting the following exception
when running my specs:

uninitialized constant Spec::Matchers::Change::ActiveRecord

When I comment out the code in
rspec-rails-1.2.6/lib/spec/rails/matchers/change.rb, this error disappears.

Is this expected behavior?  If not, is there a workaround I could use until
the issue is resolved?  I tried undoing the method chain defined in that
file (by a monkeypatch in spec_helper.rb) but it unsurprisingly fails
because I'm guessing the method is aliased later in the code execution

Thanks for any input,