[rspec-users] Command to run a single scenario using cucumber

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri May 1 15:41:03 EDT 2009

Anil Gollaa wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed cucumber and was able to run all the scenarios using
> rake features, but can body tell me.
> What is the command to run a single scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Anil kumar.

bmabey at BenzII:~/$ cucumber --help
Usage: cucumber [options] [ [FILE|DIR|URL][:LINE[:LINE]*] ]+

Examples:
cucumber examples/i18n/en/features
cucumber --language it examples/i18n/it/features/somma.feature:6:98:113
cucumber -n -i http://rubyurl.com/eeCl

So, to run a single scenario you just need to specify it's line number
with the colon syntax. "cucumber features/something.feature:42"

Using the cucumber binary is the preferred way of running cucumber.  I
like to reserve using the rake task for CI servers.

-Ben