[rspec-users] RSpec makes me want to write better code

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:16:14 EDT 2009

Fernando Perez wrote:

> As a habit I like to abuse of the save button even if I only corrected
> some typos in comments, or changed the indentation. Suddenly autotest
> would kick in for nothing.

Autotest sucks. If we have too many tests, it runs them all, and this slows us down.

Our editor support for TDD also sucks. It should run the most recently edited
test cases, nearly automatically. Everyone swears by Textmate, and it simply
can't do that. Then, the Java-based editors also can't do it!