[rspec-users] Getting the file a scenario is defined in (Cucumber)

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:06:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Kevin Olbrich <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> In Cucumber...
> Is there a simple way to find out what file a scenario is defined in?

No, but there is a dirty way:

Before do |scenario|
  f = scenario.instance_variable_get('@feature')
  if f
    puts f.file

The scenario variable will be a Scnario, ScenarioOutline or ExampleCells
instance. In the latter case there is no @feature ivar.
Please file a feature request (or better yet - a patch) if you want to see
this improved.

Also take a look at this ticket - maybe a cleaner way to achieve what you