[rspec-users] spec_server not reloading model classes

Andrew Vit andrew at avit.ca
Sun Mar 29 02:51:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using the latest rspec-rails 1.2.2 with rails 2.3.2, and I'm
trying to get it to work with spec_server. This is on Mac/Leopard,
with the stock ruby, all gems installed in /Library/Ruby/. I have
configured:

# config/environments/test.rb
config.cache_classes = false

# spec/spec.opts
--drb

The tests run nice and fast, so I know they're running against the
spec_server, but when I make a change to my model which should toggle
the result of a test, it doesn't change until I restart the
spec:server. I have tried running it with combinations of:

rake spec:server:start
script/spec_server

script/autospec
autospec

The specs run, but no reloading makes it useless. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew Vit