[rspec-users] [cucumber] webrat+selenium integration problem: record n

Balint Erdi lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Mar 25 17:42:49 EDT 2009

Ben Mabey wrote:

> Couple things I'd like to point out.  In your enhanced.rb you don't need
> to do the Before hook yourself.  You can just require
> 'database_cleaner/cucumber'.  I've updated your gist to use that.
> In your plain.rb it seems like you are trying to truncate your database
> just once upon startup.  If that is the case then the recommended way is
> to use the clean_with method like so:
> DatabaseCleaner.clean_with :truncation
> Again, I have updated the gist to reflect this.
> -Ben

Hey Ben, thanks a lot.

The problem I am experiencing now is that information stored in the
session does not seem to be retained between steps (again, only in the
case of selenium sessions, plain sesssion work fine). So the login
function works fine now but when I go to another page afterwards it
throws a big error because the action tries to render something based on
the current user.

Is the session store I am using relevant? I used the default
cookie-based storage and then tried to change to the active-record based
one to no avail. My config is at http://gist.github.com/83635

Thank you,
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.