[rspec-users] RSpec-rails 1.2.2: autospec passes but "rake spec" fails

Wed Mar 25 15:16:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

I started to use RSpec and RSpec-rails 1.2.0 last week when I upgraded to
Ruby on Rails 2.3.2.
At that time, "ruby script/generate rspec" hang but autospec and "rake spec"
were successful.

Yesterday, I updated to RSpec and RSpec-rails 1.2.2.
This time, "ruby script/generate rspec" was successful with helpful
messages.
autospec is still successful.
But "rake spec" failed and it even overwritten the development database.
It appears that only the database tables with the fixtures that are being
used are overwritten.

I could stop using fixtures all together.
But I would rather like to know how to resolve this problem.

Please let me know what I should do to resolve the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Tadatoshi