[rspec-users] [cucumber] webrat+selenium integration problem: record n

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue Mar 24 18:55:47 EDT 2009

Balint Erdi wrote:
> @Ben: Thank you, I fixed that and am using your database_cleaner to
> truncate the database.
> Turns out the problem (or rather, another problem) was that I set up a
> separate environment (selenium) for the selenium tests but still some of
> the steps used the test environment and thus the database record was
> generated in the test database not in the selenium one where it should
> have been.
> I struggled to get the record creation happen in the selenium database
> but finally I gave up and am now using the test for both selenium and
> "plain" cucumber features. So the database_cleaner serves me even
> better. It works! My current config is here:
> http://gist.github.com/83635. Once again, thank you for your help.

Couple things I'd like to point out.  In your enhanced.rb you don't need
to do the Before hook yourself.  You can just require
'database_cleaner/cucumber'.  I've updated your gist to use that.
In your plain.rb it seems like you are trying to truncate your database
just once upon startup.  If that is the case then the recommended way is
to use the clean_with method like so:
DatabaseCleaner.clean_with :truncation

Again, I have updated the gist to reflect this.